Saturday, June 19, 2010

Oh-for-two

Two bad attempts at doing Utgarde Keep tonight.

Both groups were willing to give me a shot. For the first group, I pulled... and immediately got lagged into the ground. I have no idea what happened, but my entire UI froze for about 10 seconds. Then everyone ran around like a maniac as the UI caught up with what was going on, I got off a few attacks, and then... frozen again. After we wiped, I came back to the instance, thanked everyone for giving me a shot, buffed 'em, and dropped group.

Waited out my deserter buff, and gave it another go, with better results (at least from my end). The second group was willing to give me a chance, so long as I could hold aggro. I wasn't doing as well as I could have, there; in particular, the the fury warrior kept pulling off of me. But hey - fury warrior. He can dish it out and take it as well, at least on trash, right? He didn't seem to mind when a stray mob focused on him for a bit here and there, so that was OK.

We cleared the first 3-4 packs, then the druid dropped group, saying that he was "casting all the time". Um... OK. Did I miss something there? A bit of bad timing on my part - he dropped right after I pulled a pack. Ended up dying rather quickly, though it looked like the other folks survived.

I'll try and make it back in next week. For now, though, it looks like Aeven the White just isn't up to tanking Northrend dungeons... yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment