Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Down, down, down

After the weekend, Aeven was just shy of level 74, too. Rats. On the plus side, she was just shy of level 74 because I spent some time on Friday night running ICC 25 for the first time on Aetherna, my arcane mage. I joined in for the gunship battle (which was tremendous fun) and for downing Deathbringer Saurfang (which was a bit anticlimactic). After that, we did Stinky and Precious, then wiped a couple of times on Festergut before calling it a night.

No new loot for me, but - and I'm very proud of this - I managed to out-DPS not only the healers, but also the DK's gargoyles and the other mage's Mirror Images.

Yeah. Just a little bit out of practice, there.

Last night, in an obvious tribute to my Deathbringer Saurfang kill, the Kirin Tor server decided to go down. So, no chance to get Aeven that last 150k of XP and tip her over into level 74. Instead, I ended up on a Emerald Dream, playing Taelesin, my Tauren Druid. I created him a while back to chat with a friend on that server, leveled him to 20, and there he sat in Orgrimmar for months, a poor neglected country cow in the big city.

Within a few moments, I had a whisper asking me if I thought I could tank a dungeon run. I explained that I was very much out of practice, and had never tanked on my Druid before, but that apparently wasn't a problem. So I found myself joining a Deadmines run with a competent, skilled group. We flew through the mines, the Defias dropped like flies, and I learned a little bit about bear tanking (and using shape shifting to break stun - woot!) Also, unlike Aeven, I could equip new gear, so I ended up with a couple of nice upgrades from the run.

All in all, a fun hour or so. I doubt my poor little cow-boy will get much love from me, but he was a fun diversion for the evening. Most significantly, though... after tanking on tiny little Aeven, tanking as a Tauren Druid made me realize just how accurately named the Big Bear Butt Blog is.

I mean... seriously. Do these pants make me look fat?


No comments:

Post a Comment