Wednesday, February 2, 2011

War Games

I didn't make it to Tol Barad last night. Didn't make it to my dailies, as a matter of fact. Instead, I got swept up into a guild group, and we did a couple of rated battlegrounds.

We also lost miserably.

When you're talking 10v10, and the other side has 4 healers to your 1, there's a little bit of an imbalance there that's kind of hard to overcome. Meh! Whatever. I got to equip some of my shiny new PvP gear, I got to throw around arcane blasts, polymorphs and circles of frost, and we had fun :-) Next time, we'll kick their scruffy little butts. Really!

Afterwards, we split into two 5-man teams and played War Games, which is - IMHO - probably one of the neatest things I've seen in terms of WoW PvP. Form your team, challenge your opponent, and - oh, hey! You're in a battleground with a bunch of guild mates! No honor to grind, nothing to gain, nothing to loose - just a game of capture the flag. Nice!

I think that's the first time I've ever been on the winning side in Warsaw Gulch, which alone made it a pleasant evening. The lack of pressure was wonderful, as well. It was nice to take a break from the game and... er. Play a game? You know what I mean.

I think there may be more War Games for me in the future. A nice, low-pressure bit of capture the flag with a bunch of friends would be a great way to see how Laen and Aeven perform in PvP.

No comments:

Post a Comment