Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gearing Up

This weekend, I was having some fun leveling Aretae. He's made it to level 25 now, and leveled his inscription to the point where he was able to make a couple of Mysterious Tarot decks for Aetherna. The obvious goal there is to get him to the point where he can start producing Darkmoon Cards (350 base rep per turn in) instead of the lesser decks (which are only 25 base rep per turn in).

I've also dipped my toes into the LFD tool, with good experiences. Probably because I was running a regular dungeon that I'm more than geared for. It was a nice practice run in a regular, though, to help get me oriented and familiar for heroics.

I also spent a lot of time in Tol Barad, and finally won my first victory there. As a result, though, I've started to develop an absolute loathing of Troll hunters. One that almost, but not quite, matches my loathing of Undead rogues. I did discover that, if I can get the drop on a hunter, I can fill his life full to the brim with pain, so there was some consolation there. Call it a learning experience, in that I learned that (a) I can kill hunters, and (b) I like killing hunters. Well, Troll hunters named IcyFizzyPop or something similar, at least.

Unfortunately, with only one hundred and mumble resilience, my primary use in the battle was to spell steal, frost nova, and otherwise act as a distraction for the few seconds it would take a passing Hordie to turn me into a corpse. Yee-haw. I've been told that I should be shooting for about 2K resilience, so I went ahead and spent some of my hard-earned honor points to pick up a pair of Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Silk Handguards. She's already sporting the Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Cuffs of Prowess, so that gets her a whopping 277 resilience!

Ahem.

I see more battlegrounds in Aeth's future. A full set of Bloodthirsty regalia will get her to 955 resilience; with gems, enchants and a few other tweaks, getting to 1500 shouldn't be too difficult.

Now if I can just find that glyph of hunter slaying...

No comments:

Post a Comment