Thursday, February 9, 2012

50/50

Two major milestone recently.

First... I've managed to crack the 50k gold mark.  Well, actually, I hit that goal a while back, but it was total gold across multiple servers.  I've since reached 50k gold on one server, which is more of a milestone.

I've got to emphasize that while I've occasionally engaged in some minor gold-making activities - crafting and selling a batch of Mysterious Fortune Cards, or some glyphs, or starting PvP cloth gear,  etc. - most of my "gold making" has simply been accomplished as a by-product of playing the game.  Waiting for a queue to pop?  I'll mine a bit in Uldum... and in a couple of weeks, that ore will hit the AH, or become a stack of Inferno Rubies.  Accumulated a couple of stacks of cloth from soloing Northrend dungeons?  Ship it off to my tailor and make some Frostweave Bags.

Playing more or less casually, without any focus on gold making, has still allowed me to accumulate over 50k in savings.  That's after shelling out tons of cash for pets, mounts, glyphs, rep items, DMF quest items, BoE gear, potions, flasks and... you get the idea.

In other words, there's a reason why I'm telling you "no" when you whisper me begging for gold.

Second milestone?  Reached exalted with the DMF, which got Aeth the achievement for 50 Exalted Reputations.  It was kind of cool in that I got to exalted by turning in A Treatise on Strategy, which meant that I was able to get three achievements simultaneously: 50 Exalted Reputations, Darkmoon Dungeoneer and Darkmoon Despoiler.

The next week or so will be spent on holiday activities - primarily farming Love Tokens for a Swift Lovebird, though if I have enough tokens left over, I may buy a couple of Truesilver Shafted Arrows to put up on the AH at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment