I've spent a couple of evenings earlier this week in Karazhan, working on Aeth's reputation with the Violet Eye.
One run through all the way up to the chess event, followed by another partial run, got me to within about 1k of exalted. Finishing off the quest chain that ends with killing Nightbane on the Master's Terrace let me finish that grind and got Aeth all the way to 999/1000 exalted... which means she now has 49 exalted reputations. Only one more to go!
What to do now, though? Just about the only way Aeth has of grinding out additional reputations is through raids - Molten Core, Ahn'Quiraj, Black Temple, etc. Well, gee - Kara wasn't horribly difficult, honestly. How hard could Black Temple be, really?
Two very quick deaths in the Black Temple in exchange for 36 rep makes it pretty obvious that the answer is something like "pretty freaking hard for a squishy mage". Ouch. Maybe a bit more thought will help divine the answer here...
- Bloodsail Buccaneers - killing Blackwater Raiders - 5k+ of them - to get to Exalted, then start in on killing 1600+ Booty Bay Bruisers. Then worry about repairing reputations with the neutral Goblin factions. Ouch.
- Darkmoon Faire - monthly quests. Should get to exalted the next time it shows up.
- Ravenholdt - farming junkboxes. Need about 800 more to max out at 999/1000 exalted.
- Hydraxian Waterlords - Molten Core - vanilla 40-man raid.
- Brood of Nozdormu - Ruins of Ahn'Quiraj - vanilla 20-man raid that gives almost no rep.
- Brood of Nozdormu - Temple of Ahn'Quiraj - vanilla 40-man raid.
- Ashtongue Deathsworn - Black Temple - BC 25-man raid.
- Scale of the Sands - Hyjal Summit - BC 25-man raid.
- The Ashen Verdict - Icecrown Citadel - WotLK 10-man raid.
- Avengers of Hyjal - Firelands - Cata 10-man raid.
- PvP Factions - no. Just... no. Holy cow - 3k+ WSG battlegrounds? Augh!
Hmm. When "wait for a couple of weeks" and "farm junkboxes until your fingers bleed" are your two best options... maybe it's time to try and put together some classic raids.
Speaking of which, Aeth got to go along for a normal Dragon Soul raid last night, as we're trying to help out a guild mate who wants to get his Fangs of the Father. It took a bit of effort to get everyone on the same page and down Morchok, but it was actually pretty simple. What can I say? I've got some good guild mates. I'm happy because another weekly DS raid will give me and my erratic schedule a chance to pop in and raid with my guild.
Since I'm willing to wait to grind rep, and raids take time to organize and are kind of catch-as-catch-can for me, I'm obviously going to have some time to work on other things. Like, say... Glory of the Hero?
Yeah, yeah. I know. That's so last expansion. Still, I've only got a handful of achievements I need for this meta, and it was pretty simple to knock out Consumption Junction last night. Which leaves Aeth needing only ten more WotLK heroic dungeon achievements:
- Chaos Theory - Looks like it might be tricky, but possible.
- Respect Your Elders - Definitely soloable.
- Volunteer Work - A "kill them quickly!" achievement? No problem.
- Better Off Dred - Potentially soloable... with 4 stacks of AB up, Aeth can probably one/two shot the raptors. The problem will be collecting them quickly enough.
- Less-Rabi - Hmmm. Can I kill him in 15 seconds, with one interrupt? Let's see!
- Abuse the Ooze - Definitely possible to solo.
- Zombiefest! - Definitely possible to solo, but also definitely easier in a group.
- Experienced Drake Rider - I need to ride an Emerald and Ruby drake. Huh? Oh, yeah - I've done this about a billion times on Laenshield, not Aeth. Huh.
- Ruby Void - Possible? Maybe. Certainly easier with a group.
- Amber Void - Possible? Maybe. Certainly easier with a group.
I'll give the easier looking ones a try tonight or tomorrow, and maybe see if I can pick up a partner or two for the ones that would be easier to accomplish in a group. Oh, and maybe unpack my Baradin Footman's Tags and see if that's a help as well.