Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Woke up, got out of bed...

... got my Flight Master's License. Then I flew Aetherna around Stormwind in a frenzy, finding Illustrious Grand Master trainers and learning the new Archaeology seconday skill.

Maybe it's just me, but from the air, Stormwind is... impressive. I look at it and think, "Wow, this is a huge city." From the ground, it's just a maze of twisty little passages, all alike. From the air? It's a sprawling urban center, and it gives me a little shiver because it's all new. Someday it will be mundane, but right now, it's magical.



After a few minutes of oohing and aahing, I picked up the fishing and cooking dailies. This netted me not only my first experience in months, but my first new skill points in cooking and fishing, as well. A short flight later to talk to the Earthen Ring representative in Stormwind, I got a pre-recorded pep talk from Thrall. One mystical portal and dragon flight later, and I had (a) seen Deathwing, (b) witnessed him releasing Ragnaros, and (c) seen the devastation in Mount Hyjal.

Hoog.

Not bad for a morning's work.

At this point, I only had one more "must do" task remaining before I quit and headed for the mundane job.

Aetherna and Aeristal, in particular, are going to be surprised when they find out that they have family behind the Greymane Wall. I'm sure that they'll get along fine with their new cousin Aretae, though. He may look scary, but really - he's just a great big puppy dog at heart.

Then again, so's a worg...


No comments:

Post a Comment